Equal Opportunities Policy
Demeric School of Dance recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity.
No job applicant, member of staff, child, parent or organisation/individual to which we provide services or with which we work will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- Gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment);
- Race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin);
- Sexual orientation;
- Religion or belief;
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through the following:
- All staff, children, parents and members of associated organisations will be treated fairly and with respect.
- Attendance at Demeric School of Dance will be open to all.
- Selection for employment will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
- All staff and children will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and abilities of individuals will be fully maximised.
- All staff have a legal and moral obligation not to discriminate and should report incidents of alleged discrimination against any individual or group of individuals to the Principal.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and children are recognised and valued.
- Every member of staff, child and parent is entitled to be part of an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings, termination of employment or exclusion from Demeric School of Dance.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed regularly. The successful implementation of this policy depends on the awareness and commitment of all staff, parents and children. On joining Demeric School of Dance they will be made aware of its existence and this policy will be displayed on our website and at our major venue.