Cecchetti Classical Ballet: Scholars Audition 2022
About the event
Auditions will take place on Saturday 18 June 2022 at Arts Educational School, Chiswick, start time TBC.
If successful, Scholars will need to be able to travel to London to attend weekly classes on Saturdays during term time.
Once you have read the information on this page and made payment online, you will receive a link in order to upload the candidate’s details. If you do not upload your child’s details, your application cannot be processed.
Candidate eligibility criteria
- The candidate must be a pupil of a member of the ISTD Cecchetti Classical Ballet Faculty and must be receiving their ballet training mainly in the Cecchetti Method.
- Candidates must have passed Grade 4 or Standard 5 in any method. Please note that students who were due to take their Grade 4 or Standard 5 exam but unable to do so because of the Covid lockdown are welcome to apply.
- Applicants to be considered for the scholarship must be between 11 and 17 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- Candidates who attend an audition will be expected to accept a scholarship if it is awarded.
- The audition will take place on Saturday 18 June 2022 at Arts Educational School, Chiswick, start time TBC.
- Following payment of the audition fee via this page, further information will be sent to the email address given in the registration process. This will include a link to upload the candidate’s details and should be completed by the parent/guardian. If these details are not uploaded, the application cannot be processed.
- The exact time for the audition and any further information, will be sent in a separate email following the closing date for applications.
- Parents may not observe the auditions and cannot be onsite during the auditions but will need to be contactable in an emergency. They may instead wait in the café nearby. No photography or videoing is to take place from the candidate, parent or guardian during the audition.
- The results of the audition will be sent by email to the email address given for the parent/guardian.
Although the scheme is a primarily a free programme, there are some additional costs involved and these are detailed below.
- In addition to the regular weekly Classical Ballet scholarship classes, the Scholars programme includes twelve Contemporary classes held across the year to further students training. This incurs a nominal fee of £85 payable by the parent/carer of the Scholar at the beginning of the academic year.
- The uniform for Scholars is expected to be worn at all scholarship classes and rehearsals. The official Scholars leotard must be purchased at a cost of £45. Specific footwear may also be recommended for use during the programme.
- Scholars must be prepared to take part in any performance or demonstration, including any rehearsals required, which are organised by the Cecchetti Society Classical Ballet Faculty. The Parent/carer will be asked to contribute £60 towards the cost of any costume required for Cecchetti Day. The costume will be retained by the Cecchetti Faculty.