DeMeric School of Dance is following the advice of Public Health England (PHE) and the Local Authority to ensure we are doing everything we can to help avoid the spread of this virus.
Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new strain of coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City, China. The Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England (PHE) are carefully monitoring the coronavirus situation and have published information and advice for the general public and for schools.
PHE published ‘Guidance to educational settings about COVID-19’ , which is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19
We may not be a full-time educational establishment, but we still care for the wellbeing of all our dance families and local community. Therefore, we will follow this guidance which assists schools and other educational settings in providing advice for pupils, students, staff and parents / carers regarding:
- The novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- How to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- What to do if someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 has been in a school or other educational setting
- What advice to give to individuals who have travelled from countries detailed in the guidance within the last 14 days
Hygiene practises, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue is the best way to prevent the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
If you have recently travelled, and develop symptoms, however mild, you should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS 111. We do ask that anyone who has been to the affected areas during and since half term does not attend any DeMeric Classes and self – isolates as advised. Please do make sure you let us know. Unfortunately, we will not be able to issue refunds for anyone who is unable to attend due to self-isolation.
The situations is changing all the time, please keep yourselves up to date with UK Government Guidelines on the corona virus COVID-19:
Information regarding the virus can also be found on the NHS website at: https://www.nhs.co.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
We really appreciate your help in this matter.
To ensure we are continuing to do our best to maintain the wellbeing of our staff and dance families we have updated our policies until there is a significant decline in the virus. We can do our bit to ensure our community stays safe:
- Wash your hands. Pupils should wash their hands before and after each class. Saying the alphabet A-Z or singing happy birthday whilst washing will help to ensure they are washed properly. Use the hand driers in the venues.
- Sneezing into a tissue or elbow if no tissue is available and washing hands as soon as possible.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staff will check with the buildings that we use that touched objects and surfaces within the dance studios are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- During classes we have been advised to limit any activities where pupil to pupil and staff to pupil may have to hold hands.
- If you consider that you or your children, have had any potential contact with he virus; contact NHS 111 for further advice and then DeMeric School of Dance before attending any classes.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.